Blog #1
Reflection:
My internship was through the Kraft YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association). The YMCA has many aspects and many different jobs that they offer. They are a nonprofit organization and they do a lot of charity programs such as 'We Build People' which focus' on raising money for families and for children to be able to go to summer camps. "The Y connects people of all ages and all backgrounds together and they mobilize local communities to affect lasting, meaningful change".
During this summer internship I will be making and finalizing daily activities for the kids at an after school program. Doing this means that I research activities that the kids can do and I put them in a spread sheet determining which ages can do which activities. I will also be clocking kids out with the mobile clock out app during after school. This includes using an iPad by managing the YMCA clocking out app, kronos and I also will be adding pictures of the kids to the YMCA's Facebook page and Kraft website. Throughout this internship I will be working with another intern, Megan, and I will be assisting my boss Grace. I am also allowed to come in at any time i am available as long as Grace sees that I work over 135 hours.
My internship was through the Kraft YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association). The YMCA has many aspects and many different jobs that they offer. They are a nonprofit organization and they do a lot of charity programs such as 'We Build People' which focus' on raising money for families and for children to be able to go to summer camps. "The Y connects people of all ages and all backgrounds together and they mobilize local communities to affect lasting, meaningful change".
During this summer internship I will be making and finalizing daily activities for the kids at an after school program. Doing this means that I research activities that the kids can do and I put them in a spread sheet determining which ages can do which activities. I will also be clocking kids out with the mobile clock out app during after school. This includes using an iPad by managing the YMCA clocking out app, kronos and I also will be adding pictures of the kids to the YMCA's Facebook page and Kraft website. Throughout this internship I will be working with another intern, Megan, and I will be assisting my boss Grace. I am also allowed to come in at any time i am available as long as Grace sees that I work over 135 hours.
Comments
Post a Comment