Blog #4

Reflection

   This internship is very enjoyable and more fun than I thought it would be. I had imagined that everyone was going to be serious all the time and that if I messed up I would get in trouble (because that's how I thought working with grown ups would be), but they were all very supportive because the YMCA is pretty much one family. I also expected the work to be more challenging, but it was very simple which is a good and bad thing. I wish i was challenged more because that's how you grow in a workplace, but i'm kind of glad that they let it be easy so I'm not stressed 24/7. I was expected to plan and carry out activities that the counselors don't always know if it will go smoothly or as they had hoped so I learned that its always helpful to have backup plans so that I could have control of the situations.

Comments